Applying anti-aging products directly under the skin allows them to be absorbed much more effectively and with a much longer duration of effectiveness because these products do not have to bypass the natural protective barrier of the skin. Deeper penetration of these active ingredients results in a more healthy and vibrant appearance of the skin. Aquagold is a versatile tool for treating many cosmetic facial issues such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Decreased skin elasticity
- Loss of facial volume
How It Works
Depending on a patient’s concerns and desired results, we can fully customize the solution to be applied with the microchannel device. You can include Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is the primary ingredient in the treatment.
It offers the following benefits:
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production to thicken and tighten thinning skin
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Acts as an antioxidant and has hydrating properties
These benefits will not be seen immediately but will improve gradually over the months. The solution can be customized with other ingredients to maximize results.
- Dysport® or Jeuveau™ in trim levels at the surface of the skin, where it is not near a muscle, improves the size of the pores and decreases redness over time. This can help acne. The muscle relaxants provide a natural, gentle smoothing of the skin.
- Deeper wrinkles often require larger needles and more volume. This is accomplished with Restylane® dermal fillers. Micro channeling with Restylane® dermal filler provides a natural-looking increase in skin suppleness.
Aquagold works best in a series of three treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Results appear slowly and naturally as the PRP amplifies the natural growth factors your body uses to heal tissue.
Because the Aquagold treatment offers buildable results, it works well with other treatments. Used in conjunction with deeper dermal filler injections or after laser treatment, Aquagold can enhance outcomes. It is also an ideal addition to surgical facial rejuvenation,
What is microneedling?
Microneedling is an effective skin improvement procedure that works by creating tiny injuries in your skin and promoting your skin’s natural healing response. For microneedling treatments at European Wellness Cosmedical, Britta uses Aquagold® Fine Touch™, an industry-leading microneedling device.
Aquagold Fine Touch is different from other microneedling treatments. The device includes 20 needles that make consistent micro-injuries in your skin’s surface. Each needle is finer than a human hair, so the treatment doesn’t cause much discomfort. The gold-plated stainless steel needles are gentle on your skin and won’t cause an allergic reaction.
Aquagold Fine Touch also delivers essential vitamins and nutrients into your skin to nourish and hydrate it. Thanks to the microchannels, the nutrients go deep into your skin for a drastic enhancement in its quality.
What are the results of microneedling?
Microneedling improves the tone and texture of your skin without lasers, lights, or deep injections. With Aquagold Fine Touch, you’ll see a notable reduction in these prominent features on your skin:
- Acne scars
- Other small scars
- Age or sun spots
- Large pores
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Rough or uneven textures
- Dryness or flakiness
- Stretch marks
The Aquagold Fine Touch needles stimulate collagen and elastin production within your skin. You lose these two proteins as you age and spend time in the sun, making your skin looser and less firm over time. You can’t stop the aging process, but regular microneedling treatments can make your skin age more slowly.
How should I prepare for microneedling?
Before Aquagold Fine Touch or any treatment available at European Wellness Cosmedical, you should visit Britta for a consultation about your skin type, concerns, and treatment goals. She can help you decide if microneedling is the right treatment for your skin or help you choose another more suitable therapy. If you both decide on microneedling, she gives you these instructions to prepare:
- Stop taking ibuprofen and other medications that make you bleed more
- Stop taking acne medications or reduce your dosage
- Avoid direct sun exposure
- Avoid artificial ultraviolet light sources like tanning beds
- Reschedule your appointment if you get a rash
You don’t need to worry about downtime with microneedling: You can go straight back to work and other everyday activities after your appointment. However, you might have some slight redness that you can conceal with makeup if you choose.
For more information about Aquagold Fine Touch microneedling, call European Wellness Cosmedical or book a consultation online today.